[GAP Forum] Packages and global functions

David Joyner wdjoyner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 04:21:00 BST 2007

Yevgen Muntyan wrote:

> I am currently thinking what I like more: using prefixes like 'AG'
> everywhere
> or ignoring the problem completely. The latter isn't going to work nicely,
> but the former is ugly. Not sure what I am asking for here, but anyway,
> exchanging ideas is never bad :)

Hi Yevgen!

If memory serves, the "ugly" former way you described is
more-or-less in line with the recommended policy of GAP.
I forgot who wrote the email (Steve Linton I think?)
or when (in the past year I think) but I think the
namespace issue has been discussed at one point on
one of the GAP lists by someone. I know this is next to useless
information but perhaps someone else who remembers better than I
can fill in more details.

- David