[GAP Forum] GAP 3.4.4 on modern linux

Yevgen Muntyan muntyan at tamu.edu
Thu Mar 8 14:56:48 GMT 2007

R Borgo wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I apologize for bothering about GAP 3 but I am forced to use it since
> I need the
> CHEVIE package, so I hope that maybe somebody out there found himself
> in my same situation
> and tried to install GAP 3 on modern Linux.
I compiled it on Debian linux with

make ibm-i386-linux-gcc2 COPTS='-DSYS_HAS_IOCTL_PROTO -DSYS_HAS_ANSI
-DSYS_HAS_CONST -DSYS_HAS_STDIO_PROTO -DSYS_HAS_READ_PROTO
-DSYS_HAS_STRING_PROTO -DSYS_HAS_SIGNAL_PROTO -DSYS_HAS_TIME_PROTO
-DSYS_HAS_MALLOC_PROTO -DSYS_HAS_MISC_PROTO'

(it was one line). It starts, don't know if it works fine or not.

Best regards,
Yevgen