[GAP Forum] decomposing regular representation + (AREP package)

Markus Pueschel pueschel at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Feb 24 23:48:24 GMT 2007

Hi R.N.,

I am one of the authors of AREP:
http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~smart/arep/arep.html
AREP indeed only runs with gap3 but it can do what you want as long as the
group is solvable. It can give you F and also a fast algorithm for F, i.e.,
a factorization of F into a product of structured sparse matrices.
Unfortunately, we have no resources to port AREP to gap4 but you could
install gap3.

Markus