[GAP Forum] Reidemeister-Schreier

Michael Fridman fridmam at macs.biu.ac.il
Sun Feb 11 14:03:22 GMT 2007

Hello everyone!

I have a question about the Reidemeister-Schreier method. I know that the
function
PresentationSubgroupRrs( G, cosettable ) requires a presentation of the
group G and the coset-table. I saw that the coset-table is given by a
table of permutations. However, in my case, I have only the explicit
representatives of the subgroup H in G
(so, I have only a representation of G and set of representatives of G/H,
and I need to find a presentation of H). is there a function that can
covert these representatives to permutations? Or is there another version
of  PresentationSubgroupRrs?

Thanks in advance
Michael Friedman