[GAP Forum] Displaying the list of GAP available functions

mfrincu at info.uvt.ro mfrincu at info.uvt.ro
Tue Jan 30 16:18:56 GMT 2007

Thank you all for the replies. They have been very useful in solving
my problem.
I only manage to make it work with "and not
IsOperation(ValueGlobal(str))". With String(ValueGlobal(str)){[1..8]}=
"function" I get a Error, no method defined  and when I look with
ShowArguments() I see it comes from [<Operation "PROD">] :(

One more thing and I have no more questions:

Is there a way to find out the functions in a certain package? I know
that there is a way to display a package but a way to see what
functions it contains? (Perhaps a raw method of A:=the function list
when gap is started with no package; B:=the function list after the
package is loaded; C:=B-A ???)

Best regards,
Marc Frincu