[GAP Forum] Computing automorphism groups of codes over \F_9

Scott Anderson scanders at oakland.edu
Sat Dec 30 04:54:06 GMT 2006

Hello to all,

I am constructing codes over \F_9 and would like to
compute the automorphism groups of these codes.  (I
have the Guava package installed so as to be able to
deal with codes in general.)  I seem to be running
beyond some physical limitation of Gap, at least on
my (sigh) Windows PC.

Is there some way to compute automorphism groups for
such codes in a way that splits up the work (or
something) so my computer doesn't gag on it?  Or
would it be helpful to ask the larger Unix computer
at the University to do this work?

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
Scott Anderson