[GAP Forum] Zappa-Szep product, knit product

Rudolf Zlabinger Rudolf.Zlabinger at chello.at
Thu Dec 28 17:19:52 GMT 2006

Dear Professor Neubüser,

thank you for your suggestion, I will follow now.

The Zappa Szep product is said to be a generalization of the semidirect product in that sense, that both of the factors embedded images (if there are such images) in the product are not normal subgroups of the product. The internal form of the Zappa Szep product is simply the complexes product of two non normal subgroups with trivial intersection. I am interested mainly on the external form of.

I found a short description of the Zappa Szep product in the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zappa-Szep_product

In the link there are also references to related textbooks.

Thank you for your hint so far, kind regards, Rudolf Zlabinger