[GAP Forum] A question on fields

Nicola Sottocornola Nicola.Sottocornola at fastwebnet.it
Wed Nov 8 16:02:46 GMT 2006

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I don't know what a Groebner basis is so I
can't understand your idea. I just tested it with an example:

let F = Ideal(xyz, yz) and G = Ideal(xyz, yz, x).

I have found that the GB of F is {zy} and the GB of G is {zy,x}. The
basis are different but x is in the field generated by xyz and yz (?)

Maybe I made a misteke in computing the basis...

Nicola