[GAP Forum] Announcement: GGAP-0.6.9

Yevgen Muntyan muntyan at tamu.edu
Sun Jun 11 22:45:24 BST 2006

Dear GAP community,

I'm glad to announce version 0.6.9 of GGAP:
http://ggap.sourceforge.net/ .

GGAP is a GTK front end for GAP providing nicer
and more convenient than just a terminal user interface
and some features making working with GAP code
easier.

It works on Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, and hopefully on
many other platforms as well.

What GGAP has:
1) GAP-friendly text editor, which knows about GAP
syntax, and can work together with the GAP terminal.
2) GAP-friendly terminal emulator.
3) Shared package which enables creating user interface
in GAP, somewhat similar to XGAP. At the moment it has
simple dialogs built in, and it can create windows using xml
description created by glade (http://glade.gnome.org/).
You can see what it can do in the demo which comes with
the shared package, to run it, execute
Read(Filename(DirectoriesLibrary("pkg/ggap/tst"), "demo.g"));
(screenshot is here: http://ggap.sourceforge.net/img/demo.png ,
the top left window is written in GAP, on the left you can see
the source) in GAP.

Please visit its home page http://ggap.sourceforge.net/
for sources, additional details, and screenshots.

It's been long time since I made last ggap release, and
I could wait even more, since I want 0.7 (aka good working
release), but I decided not to wait, and release what I
have now (it's a lot even though some important things
are missing).

Best regards,
Yevgen