[GAP Forum] GAP and Java - Revisited

Nilo de Roock ndroock1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 16:55:03 BST 2006

I would like to report that I have succesfully tested all programs on
http://www.mathdox.org/projects/gap/

For example List(AllGroups(8),StructureDescription) calculated by GAP
called from GAP Link:
<pre>
[Q:\gap-link\bin]test "c:\gap4r4\bin\gapw95 -p -q"
"List(AllGroups(8),StructureD
escription)"
using JAVA_CLASSPATH : lib\gap-link.jar;lib\test.jar
Using JAVA_HOME      : c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_02
[ "C8", "C4 x C2", "D8", "Q8", "C2 x C2 x C2" ]
</pre>

IMPORTANT: Please note that the programs only work when the xgap package
is entirely removed from the pkg directory. This seems to be a workaround
and has been confirmed by Mark Spanbroek who is one of the active
maintainers of the packages.

--
kind regards,
nilo de roock