[GAP Forum] GAP, Java ( Revisited )

Nilo de Roock ndroock1 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 20:43:14 BST 2006

Mark Spanbroek wrote:

"... We've been working on a new version of our
Java GAP Client library. Although it isn't finished yet (especially the
conversion between GAP and OpenMath needs some work), it is quite useable
if
all you want to do is execute GAP commands from Java. ..."

- Execute commands and receiving the result is all I need. I'll handle the
rest in Java.

"... You can obtain a copy from our public Subversion repository at
https://mathdox.org/svn/repos/public/gapclient/. Documentation can be found
at https://mathdox.org/svn/repos/public/gapclient/documentation/readme.txt
You probably also need our SocketService, which can be found at
https://mathdox.org/svn/repos/public/socketservice/. ..."

- Super. Thanks.

- "... Our software is open source (LGPL and GPL resp.), so if you want to
contribute, you're more than welcome..."

If I can, I definitely will.

- "... I hope this helps, ..."

I hope so, I will report my findings to the forum.

If anyone else on the forum is going to try using the programs as well
then please let us know if it worked and which Java version, GAP version
and operating system you used. Thanks in advance.

--
met vriendelijke groet,
Nilo de Roock