[GAP Forum] automorphisms of the group of unitriangular matrices over finite fields

Ayan Mahalanobis amahalan at fau.edu
Tue May 16 00:22:54 BST 2006

Hi,

I have this problem. I like to work with the group of unitriangular
matrices over a finite field using the polycyclic package. I know of
some functions as the action on the minimal set of generators, i.e.,
their action on the elements on the second diagonal. I want to test if
they are morphisms. How do I incorporate this mapping to the whole of
the group? In other words how do I define this mapping on the example in
GAP UnitraingualrPcpGroup(n,c)?

Thanks and Regards,
Ayan.