Fw: [GAP Forum] this is a technical test only

Rudolf Zlabinger Rudolf.Zlabinger at chello.at
Tue Apr 11 13:18:06 BST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rudolf Zlabinger" <Rudolf.Zlabinger at chello.at>
To: "John McDermott" <jjm at dcs.st-and.ac.uk>
Cc: "Alexander Konovalov" <alexk at mcs.st-and.ac.uk>; "Thomas Breuer"
<thomas.breuer at math.rwth-aachen.de>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: [GAP Forum] this is a technical test only

Dear John,

thank you for feedback. I seem presently to be the only active Windows user
in the forum, because nobody seems to know, what happens with forum against
Windows (only Alexander Konovalov told me, that he used Outlook Express a
time ago), and also other things, as for example ATLASrep.

Outlook Express has to be settled down to a minimal option set, causing a
format without anything except plaintext. It was a piece of hard work to
guess that option set, I only came to an end as Alexander adviced me to
compare the output to a message, that was an answer to an forum message,
thus having the required format. That was this test message. But to relate
that output format to the needed optionset was a merely puzzling thing.

ATLASrep on the other hand has nothing explicit in his docs as to install
for example even wget.exe, and it was some effort to do this myself. So I
collect experience over the time in dealing with GAP and forum under
Windows.

If you want, I will be available in the future to share my experience to
other Windows users, as needed, and also for some tests under Windows for
other parts of GAP, should the need arise (to execute some testfiles under
Windows for example).

thank you, yours sincerely, Rudolf Zlabinger