[GAP Forum] universal enveloping algebras

R.N. Tsai r_n_tsai at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 00:45:10 GMT 2006

Dear gap forum and Willem,

  Thanks for your response. Maybe my example made things more complicated instead of clarifying them. I was hoping to find an equivalent to "CoefficientsAndMagmaElements" that would work with universal enveloping algebras; with that I could map the algebra elements to anything I want.

  Fortunately I was pointed by email to gap code written by Jan Draisma that defines Weyl Algebras. This actually provides the ability to do the calculations I had in mind in a much better setting so I'll switch to using that.

  Thanks again for your help and for Jan Draisma for very useful code.

  R.N.