[GAP Forum] guava 2.5 beta2

David Joyner wdj at usna.edu
Wed Jan 4 12:53:06 GMT 2006

Hello GAP people:

I have posted a second beta version of GUAVA 2.5
on the GAP webpage
http://cadigweb.ew.usna.edu/~wdj/gap/GUAVA/
(it is the link guava2.5.tar.gz
<http://cadigweb.ew.usna.edu/%7Ewdj/gap/GUAVA/guava2.5.tar.gz> near the
top).
Because of the function Peter Mayr and I wrote (see below),
one major difference is that SONATA must be loaded to install
GUAVA. This doesn't bother me but might bother others.
Opinions or comments on this?

Here are the changes:
Version 2.5: (1-2006)
   o Fixed undesired feature in Decodeword (spotten by Cayanne
     McFarlane).
   o Added MinimumWeightWords to manual; modified GAP code
     for MinimumWeightWords to speed it up.
   o Modified CheckMatCode to "Set" *mutable* generator
     and check matrices.
   o Added BitFlipDecoder, a fast decoder for LDPC codes,
     written with Gordon McDonald.
   o Added GuavaVersion and guava_version
   o Added FerrorDesignCode, written with Peter Mayr at Linz
     (one of the SONATA authors). This requires SONATA.
   o Miscellaneous additions to the GUAVA manual.

Again, if there are problems, please email me. Modulo
installation problems which might arise, this is the planned
next release.

- David Joyner