[GAP Forum] Simple matrix group

Nicola Sottocornola Nicola.Sottocornola at fastwebnet.it
Fri Oct 14 17:05:53 BST 2005

Hi David,

thank you for your msg.

On Oct 14, 2005, at 1:39 PM, David Joyner wrote:

> Maybe someone else can explain the error message but
> can't you leave off the "*One(R)"?:

I don't think so. It seems necessary for the following. I want a
basis for the vector field of G-invariant homogeneous polynomials,
with degre 10, in x,y,z,w with the special graduation

deg(x)=deg(y)=1
deg(z)=deg(w)=2

SingularLibrary( "finvar.lib" );
I:=SingularInterface("invariant_basis", [10,A,B,C], "ideal");

If I leave off the One(R) it produces only [0].

With One(R) it works but only with the "standard graduation" deg(x)
=deg(y)=deg(z)=deg(w)=1.

Bye, Nicola