[GAP Forum] More XGAP troubles

Gary Zablackis gzabl at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 20:28:49 BST 2005

Joe,

I forgot to mention that! The "Enter" key translates to \n\r in Windows but not in XWindows. After hitting enter, press the control key and the J key together (i.e. the J key while the control key is down). That should send your input to GAP.
There is a possible fix, but it involves changes to the GAP kernel that may have ramifications that I have not had a chance to investigate.

Gary

JBohanon2 at aol.com wrote:
So I finally figured out what I was doing wrong and modified the .sh file
to work correctly, but now, when I open xgap, it opens a GAP window
but when I try to hit the "enter" key, absolutely nothing happens.
I have found a way around this by typing instructions into a separate
file and having XGAP read the file, but that's quite a pain.

Any idea why this is happening?

Joe