[GAP Forum] Re: [GAP Support] wreath product factorization

Steve Linton sal at dcs.st-and.ac.uk
Wed Sep 14 22:06:56 BST 2005

Just a brief thought, not a fully-thought out response, but for groups of this
size, you could certainly obtain all the normal subgroups and examine each one
to see if it is a direct product. If it is, and furthermore the quotient acts
faithfully and transitively by conjugation on the factors, and the extension is
split, all of which I think you can check, then the original group must be a
wreath product.

	Steve