[GAP Forum] SPECHT - now that GAP3 is long in the tooth.

Dr Andrew C Aitchison A.C.Aitchison at dpmms.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 5 11:59:26 BST 2005

I've been asked to install SPECHT, and hence GAP3.
Since GAP3 is no longer supported and we have been using GAP4 for years,
I'm reluctant to make GAP3 available again. I'm particularly worried
about people getting wrong answers from it, although I guess that in
many cases the result can be verified independently once found.

My instinct is to point the user at a way of solving her problem
in GAP4 rather than enabling her to use GAP3.

Comments ?

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison		Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison at dpmms.cam.ac.uk	http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna