[GAP Forum] First VisualGUAVA release

Sergio De Los Santos s.delossantos at amena.com
Sun Jun 26 11:32:55 BST 2005

As I indicated months ago:

http://mail.gap-system.org/pipermail/forum/2005/000348.html

my intention was to build an interface for GUAVA. Right now it is just
finished. I'm proud to announce the release of VisualGUAVA, a graphical
interface for GUAVA.

VisualGUAVA is my "end of degree project" and is intended to make the use
of GUAVA and even GAP, much more confortable, with grids, an easy database
with functions and much more.

VisualGUAVA is programmed in VisualBasic, sorry for hard linux users. I
have not tried to run it on wine or any other way to port it to Linux. I
hope someone could tell me if it is possible.

VisualGUAVA is completely in spanish, and has to be recompiled to change
it. I will work on it in the future.

VisualGUAVA is specifically intended to be used as a tool for college
students who use GUAVA for subjects in relation with codification of
information, but can be used for anyone who wants to have a better
experience with GUAVA or GAP.

Fist release is numbered as 0.6.2, wich indicates it is not considered as
stable version yet. It is quite possible it has lots of bugs, and maybe
some changes has to be made about "ease of use". I will work on it and try
to assume every suggestion indicated or error found.

VisualGUAVA is (so far) under Creative Commons License.... absolutely free
of charge, but no open source (so far) just because code is a little mess
yet, and not well commented.

For anyone interested (can understand spanish or not, the program is quite
intuitive) you can download it from http://visualguava.tk (web still under
construction).

Please enjoy it and make any suggestions you wish, is the only way to
improve the program. As well, anyone who wants to contribute with some of
his/her time translating help files is welcome.

--
Sergio de los Santos.