[GAP Forum] Virus mail

Steve Linton sal at dcs.st-and.ac.uk
Thu Jun 9 20:54:52 BST 2005

Dear GAP Forum and others,

It has been brought to our attention that some computer viruses are sending
email to members of some of our mailing lists, which appear to be
administrative messages of various kinds from one of our lists, and are sent to
members of the lists. These messages do not come from us, and there is
nothing that we can do to stop them. They usually carry virus attachments of
various kinds. Some anti-spam and anti-virus tools recognise them and may
attach warning labels.

Do not open the attachments of these messages, or follow links to any web sites
mentioned in them.

Real administrative messages concerning our lists (which are rare) will come
from a named individual and will NEVER carry attachments.

	Steve Linton

--
Steve Linton	School of Computer Science  &
      Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra