[GAP Forum] Re: Semigroups question (fwd)

James Mitchell jamesm at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Mon Mar 14 19:23:22 GMT 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:32:58 +0000 (GMT)
From: James Mitchell <jamesm at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk>
To: mjoao at classic.univ-ab.pt
Subject: Re: Semigroups question
Dear Joao,

[...]
The answer is: yes you could calculate this automorphism
group, but as far as I know there is no clever way of doing it. You would
simply have to make all the mappings from the direct product to itself and
then check which are automorphisms and which are not. If the direct
product has even a very small size, then this could be an unfeasibly large
calculation.

Does this answer your question?

Best,

James