[GAP Forum] Running gap in emacs

Gary Zablackis gzabl at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 17:07:14 GMT 2005

Dear Nikos,

I will be looking into this problem over the weekend.
Would you let me know what version of emacs your are using and on which operating system you are running?

Thank you,
Gary Zablackis

Nikos Apostolakis <nea at diamond.boisestate.edu> wrote:
Thanks for your replay.

Yes please do email me your solution to this problem. By
searching some more I found that this problem is rather
old. There is question about it posted in the GAP forum in 1998:

http://www.gap-system.org/ForumArchive/Rickard.1/Jeremy.1/gap-proc.1/1.html

By playing some with emacs (including editing the file
gap-process.el) I *once* managed to convince emacs to let gap
write into buffer *Help*, however since I wasn't very systematic
about it I am not sure how to repeat this. In any case, in the
next help command the problem did reappear so whatever I did wsa
not the solution.

--
1 2 2 3 1 2 2 3
\ / \ /