[GAP Forum] Fwd: Re: GAP and (x)emacs (for Dr Joyner)

Gary Zablackis gzabl at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 20:18:20 GMT 2005

David,

Messages FROM yahoo addresses are also being blocked, so I am forwarding this to the forum to allow it to reach you.

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:12:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Gary Zablackis
Subject: Re:
To: William Joyner

David,

I will be checking out NTEmacs this weekend.
I have not had time yet to check out how to get the colors to work in the Cygwin (x)emacs programs; that may take a little longer to determine.

A desktop icon linking to a .bat (or .cmd) file can be created in Windows by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting "new->shortcut" and then pointing to the location of the file.
It is also possible to create a link programmatically. If you like, I can send you the code (in the form of a script or in the form of a c++ source file).

Sincerely,
Gary Zablackis

William Joyner <wdj at usna.edu> wrote:

Hope this works - something is blocking email to
yahoo addresses.

First, thanks very much!

Before adding anything to the web pages I'm curious how NTemacs does or
if you discover any changes which need to be made to get it to work.
I'm also wondering if a windows desktop icon linking to a bat
file can be created, analogously to linux, which launches
gap within NTemacs after a double mouse click.

I'm also curious if colors.gap works in NTemacs.