[GAP Forum] GUAVA 2.0 patch

David Joyner wdj at usna.edu
Sun Jan 16 14:29:47 GMT 2005

Hello GAP Forum:

In a posting to this Forum last month I announced a new version of the
GAP error-correcting codes package, GUAVA 2.0. It was pointed
out by Bjoern Assmann that it only works under the development version
of GAP, whose release date is some ways away. This posting is to
announce a patched version of GUAVA 2.0 which should work under the
current version of GAP. It is posted on the GUAVA web page
http://cadigweb.ew.usna.edu/~wdj/gap/GUAVA/

In the "patch", all GUAVA 1.9 functions work and all the new GUAVA 2.0
functions work, except for MinimumDistanceRandom. The small number of
people who want that function should try to get the CVS version of GAP
http://www.math.rwth-aachen.de/homes/GAP/Info4/cvs.html
(If that is not possible, please contact me and I will try to supply the
necessary GAP kernel functions which you can use to recompile GAP.)

My apologies for any inconvenience. If there are any problems, please
let me know.

- David Joyner