[GAP Forum] graph-theoretic routines

Wolfgang Lindner LindnerW at t-online.de
Sun Jan 2 10:44:16 GMT 2005

Dear GAP-list,

I think about to use GAP for teaching some graph-theoretic algorithms like
Dijkstra, Prim or Ford-Fulkerson. In Leonard H. Soicher's GRAPE I found
appropriate data structures/constructors for graphs, but (as far as I could see)
no code for those algos.

Im use WinXP, so I can't use xgap for graphical representations, too. Instead I
will use the attached Java-applett. (The data structure there is Mathematica
code compatible. I know about Skiena's Combinatorica.m but it is not possible
for me to use Mathematica in class.)

My question is: are there some experiences or small prototypical GAP-code
available for some of the algo's above?

Any hints would be very welcome.

Sincerly with best whishes for 2005

          Wolfgang Lindner
--
Staedtisches Gymnasium,  Stockhauserstr. 13,  D-42929 Wermelskirchen
Homepage:    http://www.lo-net.de/home/wolfgangLindner