[GAP Forum] Change in membership of GAP Support Group

Edmund Robertson edmund at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 09:45:14 BST 2004

Dear Forum members

May I inform you about two changes in the membership of the GAP
Support Group:

1. Volkmar Felsch, who has been a member of the Support Group since it
began, has now asked to be removed from the list of members. Although
he retired from LDfM at Aachen a year ago, during this last year he has
taken a major part in the preparation of a new web site for GAP which
we hope to release very soon. He wants now to concentrate on research
into the life of Otto Blumenthal, a Mathematics Professor at RWTH, who
died in a concentration camp in 1945.
I'm sure you will all join me in thanking him for his long involvement
with Computational Group Theory, and in particular with GAP, and with
wishing him all the best for the years ahead.

2. We are pleased to announce that Marco Costantini, whose name you
will have seen answering questions sent to the GAP Forum and to GAP
Support, has agreed to officially join the GAP Support group.
Thank you Marco.

Edmund Robertson

Professor E F Robertson
Chairman of GAP Council
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra
Mathematical Institute
University of St Andrews
St Andrews  KY16 9SS
Scotland