[GAP Forum] permutations and transformations

João Araújo mjoao at univ-ab.pt
Tue Jul 13 11:06:00 BST 2004

Dear GAP Forum,

Is there any way of automatically translate the permutation (1,2,3) to the
transformation

Transformation([2,3,1])?

(I am working with some semigroups generated by a group G and some
non-invertible transformations. Therefore I have been introducing the group
G as group of permutations, use GAP to find the generators, translate by
hand the cycle notation to transformations and then generate the semigroup;
but maybe there is an easier and faster way of doing this...).

I thank any help.

João