[GAP Forum] Two spurious messages

Steve Linton sal at dcs.st-and.ac.uk
Tue Apr 13 10:33:30 BST 2004

Dear GAP Forum,

Two messages were sent out to the forum today, apparently from

 e.obrien at auckland.ac.nz and  vvk at csu.ru

These were in fact sent by a virus-infected computer apperantly in Russia (as
you can see by a close examination of the headers).
Any non-text attachments on forum messages are removed by mailman
automatically, so these messages did not carry viruses.

We will work on improving our defences against such mails. In the mean time,
please just ignore them.

	Steve

--
Steve Linton	School of Computer Science  &
      Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra