[GAP Forum] Storing additional data

Timm von Puttkamer tvonp at gmx.net
Mon Mar 27 09:52:39 BST 2017

Dear all,

I have defined some numeric invariant for a group whose value I would
like to save for each finite group in the SmallGroups library so that I
do not have to compute it over and over again. Is there a preferred way
to do this in GAP? My first idea was to set up some database, e.g.
SQLite, but it seems GAP does not offer any SQL database interface
directly. Of course I could use text files, but I want to be able to
quickly select groups with specific values of the invariant and I wish
not to reinvent basic database functionality.

Kind regards,
Timm