[GAP Forum] Installing gap package

Bill Allombert Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux.fr
Thu Sep 1 08:52:07 BST 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 04:25:40PM +0100, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> Dear Sara,
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 07:10:49PM +0430, Sara Dikson wrote:
> > I would like to install "atlasrep" package in ubuntu but I couldn't!
> > Is it possible help me to install it step by step?
>
> I take it as you use GAP installed as a Ubuntu package.

Recent versions of Ubuntu should have a package 'gap-atlasrep',
in which case you can just do:
sudo apt-get install gap-atlasrep

> Assuming you have admin rights on your machine, you simpy can install
> the package into /usr/share/gap/pkg/

It is better to put it in
/usr/local/share/gap/pkg/
or even in
$HOME/gap/pkg/
if you do not have admin rights.
The gap script will still find it.

But otherwise your instruction are good.

Cheers,
Bill.