[GAP Forum] Error using guava function QCLDPCCodeFromGroup

R.N. Tsai r_n_tsai at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 06:52:33 BST 2016

Dear Forum,
I tried to use the QCLDPCCodeFromGroup defined in the guava package :I used the example given in the documentation :
LoadPackage("guava","0",false);
C:=QCLDPCCodeFromGroup(7,2,3);
I get this error :
Error, no method found! For debugging hints type ?Recovery from NoMethodFoundError, no 1st choice method found for `QCLDPCCodeFromGroup' on 3 arguments called from<function "HANDLE_METHOD_NOT_FOUND">( <arguments> )
?QCLDPCCodeFromGroup returns the expected information about it, so it seems that gapknows about the function and I do load the guava package.
I'm using this version of GAP under windows.GAP 4.8.3, 19-Mar-2016, build of 2016-03-20 23:48:47 (GMTST)
I got the same error with win32 and win64 versions and under linux.
Thanks for your help,R.N.