[GAP Forum] Crystallographic groups

Stefan Kohl stefan at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Sun Jul 3 18:35:02 BST 2016

On Sun, July 3, 2016 5:48 pm, Daniela Nikolova wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>   I am Daniela - a returning user - formally from Bulgaria, now from Florida!
>   I was wondering if there is a software in GAP concerning crystallographic groups, more
> specifically - I am interested in classification algorithms for 2D, and perhaps 3D?

There are several GAP packages concerning crystallographic groups:

  - Cryst, http://www.gap-system.org/Packages/cryst.html
  - CrystCat, http://www.gap-system.org/Packages/crystcat.html
  - Carat, http://www.gap-system.org/Packages/carat.html

Apart from this, the GAP Data Library "Integral Matrix Groups" might be relevant
for you as well -- cf. http://www.gap-system.org/Datalib/imf.html.

> Ps: which of the two addresses above is the best address to send questions?

  - For GAP questions of general interest, the GAP Forum is the best choice.
  - For more technical questions on GAP, there is the address support at gap-system.org.
  - The Group Pub Forum is for questions on group theory.

Hope this helps,

    Stefan

P.S.: Haven't you come from Florida already to Ischia Group Theory 2014?