[GAP Forum] Announcing the AutomGrp package

Leonard Soicher l.h.soicher at qmul.ac.uk
Tue Jun 21 10:25:56 BST 2016

Dear Forum Members,

It is my pleasure to announce formally the official acceptance
of the AutomGrp package.  The officially accepted version 1.3 of AutomGrp
is now available in the newly released GAP version 4.8.4.

AutomGrp provides methods for computations with groups and semigroups
generated by finite automata or given by wreath recursion, as well as with their
finitely generated subgroups and elements.

The AutomGroup package is authored by Yevgen Muntyan (Tableau Software)
and Dmytro Savchuk (University of South Florida), and on behalf of the GAP Council,
I thank them for this contribution to GAP.

Leonard Soicher
(Chair of the GAP Council)