[GAP Forum] "SimpleGroup" command

Dima Pasechnik dmitrii.pasechnik at cs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 19 09:35:47 BST 2016

Dear Sarah,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:26:19AM +0430, Sara Dikson wrote:
> Dear Forum
> I used the "SimpleGroup("J4");" command for the Janko group.
> But Gap can't recognize it. Also I used "AtlasGroup("J4");" but it return
> "fail". I try it for "J3" but it return "fail".​

AtlasGroup("J3") and AtlasGroup("J4") should work, provided you have the necessary pre-requisits
on. As far as I know it does not quite work on Windows, as it won't be able to get the data from the net.
(Or it used to be the case in the past).
Although you can download the data it needs manually.

>  errorg.png
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByRpdyuq_c_ZdkJ3Q2xnMXpLMFE/view?usp=drive_web>

you did not set the permissions on this link to be public, I cannot open it.

HTH,
Dmitrii