[GAP Forum] Announcing the LOOPS package

Leonard Soicher L.H.Soicher at qmul.ac.uk
Fri Dec 18 08:37:23 GMT 2015

Dear Forum Members,

It is my pleasure to announce that the officially accepted
LOOPS package (accepted May 2015, and currently version 3.1.0)
is now available as part of the newly released GAP 4.7.9.

LOOPS provides researchers in nonassociative algebra with a powerful
computational tool for dealing with finite loops and quasigroups, and
extends GAP toward the realm of nonassociative structures.  The package
consists of three complementary parts: core methods for quasigroups and
loops, specific methods for loops (mainly Moufang loops), and libraries
of small loops.

Extensive information on the LOOPS package can be found on its
official distribution webpage: http://web.cs.du.edu/~petr/loops/

The LOOPS package is authored by Gabor Nagy (University of Szeged)
and Petr Vojtechovsky (University of Denver), and on behalf of the GAP
Council, I thank them for this contribution to GAP.

Leonard Soicher