[GAP Forum] Handling Errors Automatically?

Stephen Linton sl4 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Nov 23 10:49:31 GMT 2015

Dear Andrew,

I think what you need is to set BreakOnError to false, as well as possibly setting OnBreak to what you want.
The messages may still be a bit ugly, but it should do what you need.

Like any approach involving abandoning a GAP calculation part way through there is some risk that data structures will be left inconsistent. In the example you describe this will most likely just nee data within the group that you have abandoned, so should be OK, but anything is possible. If you are relying on these results for a paper it would be safest to repeat the
calculations that work in a clean copy of GAP just to be sure.

	Steve