[GAP Forum] Problem to load cohomolo package

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 11:46:52 BST 2015

Dear Vipul,

cohomolo binaries are not included in the Windows distribution. You need
to run in the UNIX environment. If you don't have access to another machine,
you may, for example:

a) install Cygwin (https://cygwin.com/) and compile GAP and packages there

b) use virtual machine with e.g. VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/)

c) use Docker (https://www.docker.com/) and run Docker container for GAP
and all packages redistributed with it:

	https://hub.docker.com/r/gapsystem/gap-docker/

Probably (c) is the fastest way to get it up and running without spending
too much time on configuring the system and satisfying all dependencies.

d) Tell us what you're trying to compute in case there may be any alternatives.

HTH
Alexander