[GAP Forum] Writing custom action on a set of list(erratum)

Pierre-Alain BOURDIL pabourdi at laas.fr
Thu May 7 13:34:14 BST 2015

Sorry, wrong copy/paste on the function source code, corrected.
Neverthelles i still get the problem.

Hi,

I've tryed unsuccesfuly to implement an action on a set of list.

Say G=S_2, Omega = [[1,rc1,2],[2,rc2,1]]  where rc1, rc2 are rightcosets
of Stabilizer(G,1) and  a function :

Act := function (x,g)
   local repr,comp,rc,orbital,g;
   #extract args
   comp := x[1];
   rc := x[2];
   orbital := x[3];
   # compute the coset
   repr:=rc*g;
   return [comp^g,repr,orbital];
end;;

Now
A:=Action(G,Omega,Act)
gives a no method found errors. With ShowArguments i see that  x and g
are set with 1 and rc1 respectively. I do not find a way for x to be set
to [1,rc1,2] and g with the current G's element.

How can i implement such an action function  ?

--
Pierre-Alain BOURDIL
pabourdi at laas.fr <mailto:pabourdi at laas.fr>