[GAP Forum] Correction to primitive groups database

Colva Roney-Dougal Colva.Roney-Dougal at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri May 1 14:29:00 BST 2015

Dear All

On Feb 25th, Gordon Royle reported that two primitive groups, both of degree 1575, were missing from the Primitive Groups library in GAP. These groups had previously been reported missing by Thomas Breuer, and somehow I had failed to correct the mistake. I am pleased to report that they are now added to the GAP database, as groups number 7 and 8 of degree 1575, and will be included in all future releases.

My apologies for any problems this may have caused, and thanks to Alexander Hulpke for helping me to fix it.

Best wishes

Colva

Colva Roney-Dougal
Director of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra
Director of Undergraduate Mathematics Admissions

Please note that my email address has changed!

It is now colva.roney-dougal at st-andrews.ac.uk

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532