[GAP Forum] parallel in ParGAP

Kit Lessenger anclecharly at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 17:02:13 BST 2015

Hello.

I tryed to write a function ParFilter. The function must filter a iterator by boolean function. I’ve got a mistake.

gap> ParFilter([0..3],4,CheckNumbers);
master -> 1:  [ 0, 0, 0, 0 ]
master -> 2:  [ 0, 0, 0, 1 ]
master -> 3:  [ 0, 0, 0, 2 ]
1 -> master: false
2 -> master: false
master -> 1:  [ 0, 0, 0, 3 ]
master -> 2:  [ 0, 0, 1, 0 ]
3 -> master: true
master -> 3:  [ 0, 0, 1, 1 ]
1 -> master: true
2 -> master: false
Error, List Element: <list>[2] must have an assigned value in
   called from
Sort( deltas );MasterSlaveDeadSlave(  ); called from
TOPCmasterSendTaskInput( SubmitTaskInput, taskAgglomCount ) called from
TOPCmaster( SubmitTaskInput, CheckTaskResult, UpdateSharedData, taskAgglom
 ); called from
MasterSlave( function (  )
      if IsDoneIterator( iterator )  then
          return NOTASK;
      else
          return NextIterator( iterator );
      fi;
      return;
  end, boolfnc, function ( input, output )
      if output  then
          Add( result, input );
      fi;
      return NO_ACTION;
  end, Error ); called from
CallFuncList( fnc, arg ) called from
...  at line 3 of *stdin*
you can 'return;' after assigning a value

If need show a «deltas»
brk> deltas;
[ ,, 0 ]

I wrote the function ParFilter by example in ParGAP manual on pages 36-37.
If necessary, the file with my code. Function «CheckNumbers» is only example function. I need to use other function.