[GAP Forum] about the maturity degree of GAP's Buchberger algorithm

shengyu shen shengyushen at icloud.com
Mon Mar 30 15:10:22 BST 2015

Dear all :

I am learning error correction code and I am using GAP as my CAS.

But today when I want some help on using GroebnerBasis command of GAP, I find the following statement :

Note  that  GAP  at  the  moment  only  includes  a  naïve implementation of
  Buchberger's  algorithm  (which  is  mainly intended as a teaching tool). It
  might not be sufficient for serious problems.

So it this still true for current release of GAP?

I am worry about this because I want to use GAP in formal verification of error correction code

Thanks
Shen