[GAP Forum] GAP is now available on github.com

Sandeep Murthy s.murthy at mykolab.com
Mon Mar 2 22:53:42 GMT 2015

Hi

In CONTRIBUTING.md I think you should consider changing the instructions to
recommend HTTPS over plain Git for cloning - there’s no server verification with
Git, whereas HTTPS does this using CAs, plus depending on where you are the
Git protocol may not even work, whereas HTTPS generally works everywhere.
Pushing via HTTPS requires your GitHub password and this is good for code
integrity.

HTTPS is also GitHub's recommended protocol for cloning repos.

Sandeep Murthy
s.murthy at mykolab.com