[GAP Forum] Sqrt for the cyclotomic numbers

Palcoux Sebastien sebastienpalcoux at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 19 21:24:10 GMT 2015

Hi,
In fact, I need Sqrt only for the positive cyclotomic numbers.
Sebastien

     Le Mardi 20 janvier 2015 2h48, Palcoux Sebastien <sebastienpalcoux at yahoo.fr> a écrit :

 Hi,
Is it possible to extend the function Sqrt on the cyclotomic numbers?
See below what's happen if we try, for example, with the number E(5) :
gap> Sqrt(E(5));Error, no method found! For debugging hints type ?Recovery from NoMethodFoundError, no 1st choice method found for `Sqrt' on 1 arguments called from<function>( <arguments> ) called from read-eval-loopEntering break read-eval-print loop ...you can 'quit;' to quit to outer loop, oryou can 'return;' to continuebrk>
Best regards,Sebastien Palcoux