[GAP Forum] can gap system use in aws.amazon free trial account

Lee Martin CCNP tesleft at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 26 10:56:11 BST 2014

Hi Alexander,
i only have one 8GB computer which is a notebook, but it can not install ubuntu (dual boot with window)after download 64 bit ubuntu in virtual box and assign 5018GB ram and then compile gap 64 bit
got error after only tuples number instead of tuples a list of matrix,
then i type return; and wait for a long time, still not have response.
i guess that i either buy a new computer or use aws.amazon
can gap system install in aws.amazon after sign up free trial
i haven't signed up yet since i do not know whether it auto deduct my money after free trial period
is the linux in amazon that can be used to install gap system?

Length of idealindexlist2 = 1536*3
onelist := Tuples([0,1,0,1,0,1],3);onelist2 := [];Append( onelist2, onelist );Append( onelist2, onelist );Append( onelist2, onelist );matrixlist := Tuples(onelist2,3);matrixlist2 := [];Append( matrixlist2, matrixlist );Append( matrixlist2, matrixlist );Append( matrixlist2, matrixlist );indexlist := [1..Length(matrixlist2)];Append( idealindexlist2, indexlist );Append( idealindexlist2, indexlist );Append( idealindexlist2, indexlist );idealindexlist := Tuples(idealindexlist2,3);
gap> idealindexlist := Tuples(idealindexlist2,3);Error, exceeded the permitted memory (`-o' command line option) in  tup := ShallowCopy( tup ); called from TuplesK( set, k - 1, tup, i + 1 ) called fromTuplesK( set, k - 1, tup, i + 1 ) called fromTuplesK( set, k - 1, tup, i + 1 ) called fromTuplesK( set, k, [  ], 1 ) called from<function "Tuples">( <arguments> ) called from read-eval loop at line 42 of *stdin*you can 'return;'
then i type return; after brk>become brk>return;
Regards,
Martin