[GAP Forum] Is it possible to step through the program, like GNU GDB debugger, against built-in functions(ex. DerivedSubgroup, ClosureSubgroupNC )?

buynnnmmm1 at yahoo.co.jp buynnnmmm1 at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Sep 17 15:05:03 BST 2014

Dear Stephen Linton,

Thank you very much for your help.

> Performance is one consideration, of course. Another is making use of already
> computing information about the group when possible. Still another is computing
> data structures that are likely to be useful for further computations. The GAP
> library function, having found a group to be solvable will also have constructed
> a data structure called a Pcgs (PolyCyclic Generating System) which can be used
> to greatly speed up many further computations with the group.

I am interesting in "PolyCyclic Generating System".
So I'll try to read the source . Although it is doubtful whether I can do understand it.
What you have told me is , seems to me to lower the difficulty of reading the source .
Thank you very much for letting me know clearly the point and Pcgs.

With best regards
buynnnmmm1