[GAP Forum] Is there a simple way to view the source of the function (ex. IsSolvable)?

buynnnmmm1 at yahoo.co.jp buynnnmmm1 at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Sep 16 22:29:35 BST 2014

Dear GAP forum,

Because I would like to read the source of IsSolvable function, I was able to find by looking at the source of GAP4 using grep.

Source of IsSolvable is defined in the "lib/grp.gi" and "lib/grp.gd".
Noticing that easy to find if grep function name the files whose name ends with .gd, and went to examine the function So who is called from IsSolved function. ( DerivedSeries, DerivedSubgroup, ClosureSubgroupNC, ClosureGroup, NormalClosure, TrivialSubgroup ,Comm ....)

However, this procedure is troublesome.

I tried looking for using the http://www.gap-system.org/search.html the reference manual.

I found FilenameFunc function in http://www.gap-system.org/Manuals/doc/ref/chap5.html.

But I got following output.

gap> FilenameFunc(IsSolvable);
fail

So, I would like to know how to see source of functions (ex. IsSolvable) more easier.
Or I would like to know how to get path of the file the function has been defined.

Does anyone have any idea how I can do it more easizer.

With best regards