[GAP Forum] GAP on ipad

Ivan Andrus darthandrus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:15:43 BST 2014

On Sep 10, 2014, at 7:05 AM, Matan Ziv-Av <matan at svgalib.org> wrote:

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, Ahmet Arıkan wrote:

Dear forum,

My question may be asked before. I wonder if GAP can  be installed on ipad?
If possible how?

It is surely possible. The ipad runs a "unix like" system on an ARM cpu,
and it is possible to run a shell on it. As far as I know, noone has done
this (at least not publicly), so there is no installation package, or
simple instructions how to do this, though.

It’s probably not exactly what you are looking for, but I wrote an app [1]
that connects to the Sage cell server.  One feature it has is to be able to
change from evaluating Sage to evaluating GAP (or GP, Maxima, R, etc.)
either on a per-calculation basis or globally.  The code is available [2].
 There is a similar app for Android, but I don’t know any details about
that one.

-Ivan

[1] https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sage-math/id496492945
[2] https://bitbucket.org/gvol/sage-ios-app