[GAP Forum] Isomorphism Classes of a Graph

Wolstenholme, Robert robert.wolstenholme08 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 29 10:03:44 BST 2014

Is there a function in GAP/Grape that will return all isomorphism classes of a graph with N vertices (i.e. a single element from each class)?

The function GraphIsomorphismRepresentatives (http://www.maths.qmul.ac.uk/~leonard/grape/manual/CHAP008.htm#SECT005) looks to be a candidate but it seems I may be having to input a very large list to get my desired result.

I can see a potential inductive type method where if we know all isomorphism classes with k edges in total we only have to consider additional edges added to the graphs representing these classes to find the isomorphism classes with k+1 edges in total. Has anyone seen anything that has already been coded.

Thanks