[GAP Forum] PhD in Computational Group Theory

Christopher Jefferson caj21 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed May 21 11:32:25 BST 2014

Hello,

I am currently advertising a funded PhD place in Computer Science at the University of St Andrews, to start this September: http://blogs.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/csblog/2014/05/06/funded-phd-research-studentship-in-constraint-programming/

I am currently working on new algorithms for many fundamental algorithms (intersection, stabiliser, centraliser and normaliser among others) on permutation groups in GAP, and I am very interested to hear from any students interested on working on any search algorithms for computational group or semigroup theory.

Please feel to e-mail me (off list) with any questions about this position.

Thank you,

Chris Jefferson
University of St Andrews